Welcome to Safe Harbor Presbyterian Church
Where the love of Christ builds a harbor of acceptance, inspiration,
Fellowship, service and joy.
You enrich our worship with your presence.
"When we say welcome we mean it!"
Safe Harbor Presbyterian Church
c/o Monty Rice
1298 Warren Rd.
Cambria, CA 93428
If this is your first time here, WELCOME.
Safe Harbor Presbyterian Church-PCUSA
2700 Eton Rd. • Cambria, CA 93428
Call or text 805.395.1521
Prelude Deborah Farrand
At the tolling of the bell, please quietly prepare your heart for worship.
Meditation Music Deborah Farrand
Welcome and Announcements
† Call to Worship (from Psalm 86) Elder Tom Cochrun
Leader: The God who invites us is unique.
People: Among the Gods there is none like You, Lord.
Leader: No deeds can compare with our God’s.
People: All the world You made, will come and worship before you, Lord.
Unison: We glorify your name, for you are great and do marvelous deeds. You alone are God.
† The Prayer of Adoration (In unison)
Dear God of all Time, in days of beauty we marvel at your greatness. In nights of dread we cling to You. In times of peace we celebrate Your divine joy. In seasons of doubt we seek Your light. You are the constant in our life. You come to us in the Christ to save and redeem. You comfort us with the Holy Spirit. In our life, in our church, and in our world, you are our everything. We give you all praise, honor and glory. Amen.
†Hymn of Adoration # 468 In My Life
Prayer of Confession (In unison) Lord, try as we may, we do not live that life of ceaseless love, forgiveness, compassion, endless service, and devotion. Our self gets in the way. We hold back, we allow doubt to creep in, we set limits on our courage, we do not give enough room in our heart for the Christ to reign and guide our behavior. We miss opportunities to bear Your light and to offer Your hope. Please hear our silent confessions...
(In unison) Thank you for Your mercy and Your grace. Thank You for seeing us as You do. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon New Creations in Christ
†The Sharing of the Peace
Hymn of Preparation #452 Open the Eyes of My Heart
Leader: Listen for the Word of God.
People: Our ears are open and our hearts are ready to receive.
Scripture: Genesis 21: 8-12
Leader: The Word of the Lord.
People: Thanks be to God.
Sermon: A Way When There Is No Way The Rev. Eugenia Gamble
Hymn of Response # 39 Great is Thy Faithfulness
Call to Prayer: Hymn #466 Come and Fill Our Hearts with Your Peace
Prayers of the People
The Lord’s Prayer
Response to Prayer Hymn #710 We Are an Offering
Prayer of Dedication
† Hymn of Parting # 649 Amazing Grace
† Charge and Benediction
†=If able, please stand
CURRENT PRAYER LIST
Members of our community that are lonely, hungry and sick.
If you would like to support the work of Safe Harbor Church financially:
Tax deductible checks may be made to Safe Harbor Presbyterian Church.
During our period of isolation, please mail checks to:
Monty Rice 1298 Warren Road Cambria CA 93428
WHEN WE SAY “ WELCOME! ”, WE MEAN IT!
The Rev. Eugenia A. Gamble
Tom and Lana Cochrun
Monty and Julia Rice
Safe Harbor Presbyterian Church Where the Love of Christ
Builds a Harbor Of: Acceptance, Inspiration, Fellowship, Service and Joy
Suggested Reading : Race, Racism and White Supremacy in American June 19, 2020
1. Waking up White by Debbie Irving
2. So You Want to Talk about Race by Ojeoma Oluo
3. Tears We Cannot Stop by Michael Eric Dyson
4. The Cross and the Lynching Tree by James Cone
5. I’m Still Here: Black Dignity in a Word Made for Whiteness by Austin Channing Brown
6. The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
7. White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
8. When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir
by Asha Bandele and Patrisse Khan Cullors
9. Raising White Kids: Bringing Up Children in a Racially Unjust America by Jennifer Harvey
10. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
11. My Soul Looks Back: A Memoir by Jessica B. Harris
12. Illegal: Reflections of an Undocumented Immigrant by Jose Angel
13. Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria by Beverly D. Tatum
14. White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide by Carol Anderson
15. Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome by Joy DeGruy
16. Race Matters by Cornel West
17. The Fire Next Time by James Baldwin
18. Just Mercy by Bryan Stephenson
19. The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
20. The Half Has Not Been Told by Edward E. Baptist
21. Beloved by Toni Morrison
22. Democracy in Black by Edie S. Claude, Jr.
23. The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America
by Richard Rothstein
24. Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog
25. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West
by Dee Brown
26. The Line Becomes a River: Dispatches from the Border by Francisco Cantu
27. The Devil’s Highway: A True Story by Luis Alberto Urrea
28. I Can Do Hard Things by Gabi Garcia (for children)
Sunday Live Home Church Service on Zoom: 2:00 PM
Mail: 1298 Warren Rd. Cambria 93428 - Website: safeharborcambria.org